Leslie T. Fields (Of Counsel)
Leslie T. Fields (Of Counsel), is a Co-founder of the firm. Her practice focuses primarily in the areas of estate planning, probate, trusts and estates, and closely-held businesses. In the area of Estate Planning, she has practiced extensively in estate tax and gift tax planning, family limited partnerships, business succession planning for closely-held businesses, life insurance trust and special needs trust planning, in addition to drafting wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorney, and living wills. In the Probate Law area, she regularly handles all aspects of decedents’ estates, appointment of conservators, guardians, trustees, administrators and executors, as well as handling all matters related to trust and estate administration. She is an experienced litigator and mediator in probate, trust, and estate matters. Her Business Law practice focuses on planning, creation of entities, insurance, and asset protection. Leslie is frequently a featured speaker at seminars, workshops and other educational programs on the topics of estate planning, estate and gift tax planning, and Alabama Probate Law.
Leslie is a native of Corpus Christi, Texas, but was raised in Mobile, Alabama.
- AV preeminent rating of 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell, (Highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary).
- Member of the Order of the Coif (Honor Society for law school graduates for those who graduate in the top ten percent of the class)
- Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution, Registered Mediator
- The The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Alabama Law Review, Senior Lead Articles Editor
- University of South Alabama, B.A., summa cum laude
Awarded the Senior Thesis writing award for: “Difficulties in Democracy: Tocqueville and the Savings and Loan Crisis”
The American College; Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI)
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Baldwin County Bar Association
- The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Mobile Estate Planning Council
- Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Author, “Alabama’s Elective Share: It’s Time to Adopt the Partnership Theory of Marriage,” Alabama Law Review, Vol.46, Spring 1995.
A contributor for the publication: “Disclaimers: When, Why & How to Say No to an Inheritance” published by Hofheimer Nusbaum, PC.
Former adjunct processor at The Univeristy of South Alabama teaching courses in Elder Law
Speaking engagements include:
Trends in Estate Planning: Mid-Winter Conference of Alabama Probate Judges
Navigating the World of Trusts: Mobile Bar Association/Women Lawyers
The Probate Process When Someone Dies: Widowed Persons Service Annual Grief Conference
Legal Perspectives: The Elderly and Decision Making/Capacity Issues: Saad’s Healthcare Services, Inc.
At the law office of Davis, Davis & Associates, we represent clients serving all of Mobile and Baldwin Counties.
Daphne AL 36526-5300
Phone: (251) 621-1555
Fax: (251) 621-1520