Richard E. Davis
Richard Davis is a Co-founder of the firm. His practice primarily focuses on real estate development, real estate and business transactions, and complex litigation. He has extensive experience and knowledge of real estate law and the rights of property owners. He represents developers, contractors, lenders, borrowers and property owners. He has tried cases in Mobile County Circuit Court, Baldwin County Circuit Court, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama and the United States Bankruptcy Court and the Court of Federal Claims. His practice includes various forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution, including Arbitration and Mediation. Mr. Davis is a Registered Mediator with the Alabama State Court Mediator Roster. He is experienced in mediating disputes between parties and in assisting clients to bring about mediated settlements. Mr. Davis has extensive and valuable litigation experience, which includes three significant inverse condemnation claims.
Mr. Davis, a native of Baldwin County, is married, to the former Margaret Ratcliffe, has four children and lives in Spanish Fort.
LITIGATION – notable cases
- Co-lead counsel for more than 1,000 Dauphin Island property owners in a class action lawsuit against the United States for inverse condemnation.
- Co-lead counsel for more than 80 Gulf of Mexico property owners in a lawsuit against the State of Alabama for inverse condemnation.
- Lead counsel in a lawsuit against the United States in connection with dredge material disposal rights on several hundred acres on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway in Gulf Shores.
- AV preeminent rating of 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member of the Order of the Coif
- Hugo T. Black Scholar
- Recipient, The M. Leigh Harrison Award
- Recipient, The Somerville Legal Writing Award
- Recipient, The Alabama Lawyer Legal Writing Award
- Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution, Registered Mediator
Mr. Davis represents clients in AAA Arbitration proceedings.
- Alabama State Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D
- Alabama Law Review, Alabama Editor
- University of South Alabama, B.A. (Magna Cum Laude)
- Timeshare Ownership of Condominiums, 44 Alabama Lawyer 183, 1983
- Punitive Damages and Fraud: Alabama’s Deceptive Standard, 35 Alabama Law Review 101, 1984
- Home Insulation Rule, Probate and Property, March-April 1989
At the law office of Davis, Davis & Associates, we represent clients serving all of Mobile and Baldwin Counties.
Daphne AL 36526-5300
Phone: (251) 621-1555
Fax: (251) 621-1520